Baiterek Tower and Monument in Nur-Sultan city capital of Kazakhstan
Baiterek tower and monument in Nur-Sultan city.
How to get to the monument Astana-Baiterek.
The Bayterek monument in Nur-Sultan city (Astana) is a unique building in the capital of Kazakhstan, created on the initiative of the President of Kazakhstan Nursultan Nazarbayev. This is a popular tourist destination, as it offers breathtaking views of the city. The tower, made in futuristic style.
The construction of the project began in 1996, and ended in 2002. The full name of the monument: “Astana-Baiterek”. Construction materials - metal, concrete, glass, the construction is based on 500 piles.
Characteristics of the monument
The height of the metal structure is 97 meters, the weight is more than 1000 tons.
The diameter of the ball - 22 meters, weight - 300 tons.
The total height of the monument is 105 meters.
Surprisingly, the design expresses at the same time both devotion to historical roots and confident progress towards a new future. It turned out a harmonious combination of modern technology and spiritual ideas, reflecting the past, present and future of the country.
Symbol of Nur-Sultan city (Astana)
The monument is recognized as a symbol of the city, as it was erected in honor of the landmark event of 1997: the proclamation of Astana as the capital of the Republic of Kazakhstan (previously the capital was the city of Almaty). “Baiterek” symbolizes the most - the transition to a qualitatively new stage in the life of the citizens of the country. Since the change of the main city of the state has certainly led to a lot of innovations.
In general, the monument reflects the idea of the World Tree. Accordingly, it is divided into three levels of the world:
• Underground: the lower level of the monument is under the ground at a depth of 4.5 meters. There are cafes, aquariums and a Baiterek mini-gallery with works by Kazakh artist Yerbolat Tolepbai.
• Earth: the average level of the tree - this is a panoramic glass elevators leading upward.
• Heavenly: on the top of the monument there is a ball in which there is a light spacious three-level panoramic hall and a bar. The ball is made of glass "chameleon", which changes color under sunlight. Here, for the first time in the world, a ball of this size was installed at a height of 97 meters. Around the ball are metal rods that look like tree branches. By the way, there are exactly 101 of them - like the number of nationalities in Kazakhstan.
The word "Baiterek" from Kazakh is translated as poplar, support or protector.
It is not for nothing that such an architecture and structure of the structure was chosen: here you can feel best the modern aspirations of the young capital and observe for yourself the changes. It is from the panoramic elevators and from the observation platform at the top you can see all the beauty of the new look of the city.
An important part of the monument is the artistic composition "Ayaly-Alagan" ("Caring Hands") - this is an imprint of the right palm of the first and current president of the republic. It is set at an altitude of 97 meters to emphasize the connection with the year when the new period in the country began. The print expresses the desire for a peaceful life, friendship and harmony. To touch the palm of the president comes a large number of people.
Nearby is another composition - "Bata", symbolizing the unity of religions. It is a wooden globe, on which representatives of 17 world religious denominations left their signatures. Their meeting took place in 2003 in Astana.
Tours of Baiterek are held in Kazakh, Russian and other foreign languages.
In the halls of the monument are held many significant events - cultural and official state.
Legend of Baiterek
According to the legends of ancient nomads, the World Tree grows on the banks of the World River, which runs at the junction of worlds. The tree with its crown props up the sky, and holds the earth with its roots. This is one of the ideas of ancient people about the structure of the universe. The world tree is also associated with human life: the roots are the connection with the ancestors, the trunk is the real life, and the crown is what remains for the descendants. The design of the tower corresponds to this ancient legend.
Entrance ticket to the “Baiterek” monument:
• adult ticket - 700 tenge.
• Children's ticket (for children from 5 to 15 years old) - 300 tenge.
Certain categories of citizens can visit the monument free of charge with the presence of supporting documents:
• children under 5 years of age;
• participants and disabled veterans;
• mothers with many children;
• disabled people of I, II groups and disabled children;
• children with disabilities;
Persons with disabilities of group III upon presentation of documents receive a 50% discount.
The monument can be accessed every day. Opening hours depend on the season:
• from June 1 to August 31 - from 10:00 to 22:00.
• from September 1 to May 31 - from 10:00 to 21:00.
Pay attention to the time of technical breaks: 13:00 - 13:30 and 18:00 - 18:30.
How to get to the monument "Astana-Baiterek"
Baiterek is located close to the highway leading to the airport. The monument can be reached by public transport:
• Shuttle taxi: “Baiterek” stop (along Dinmukhamed Kunayev St.), No. 110, 116, 117, 118.
• Bus: Baiterek bus stop, number 10, 12, 18, 21, 28, 29, 35, 46, 50, 52, 70, 107 (express).
• Bus: bus stop "House of Ministries" (on Mangilik El Avenue), No. 15,