Park 28 Panfilov Guards in Almaty
Eternal Flame in the park of 28 Panfilov Guards
Excursion to the park of 28 Panfilov Guards
Park 28 Panfilovtsev is a park complex in the large Kazakh city of Almaty. The park of about 18 acres was created in the 1870s. The park is located in the central part of the city of Almaty to the east of the city center near the Otrar Hotel. After the founding of the city of Almaty, there was a cemetery on the territory of the current park, which was finally dissolved after the completion of the cathedral, and instead of it in the 1870s, a park was transformed in its place.
Park 28-Panfilov Guards – how to get there
28-Panfilovtsev Park is located on Gogol Street in Almaty, Kazakhstan. Next to the park is the Otrar hotel, from the hotel you can walk to the park.
Park 28-Panfilov Guards – information for tourists
The name of the park was renamed Pushkin Park on the occasion of the 100th anniversary of the Russian national poet Alexander Sergeevich Pushkin. By 1942, the name of the park was changed twice more before it received its current name of 28 Panfilov Park. This renaming was made in honor of Ivan Vasilyevich Panfilov and 28 Guards infantrymen (Panfilovites), who in November 1941, in defensive battles near Moscow, repelled an attack by about twice as many German tanks in November 1941. In 1975, the park was rebuilt and received a memorial to fallen soldiers of the Second World War.
On the territory of the park of 28 Panfilov Guards is the Assumption Cathedral, which was built in the center of the park from 1904 to 1907. This is the cathedral of the Russian Orthodox Diocese of Almaty and Nur-Sultan. The 56-meter-high building is a landmark of the city and the second largest wooden structure in the world. Russians Russian Revolution, it was used as a museum, and in the 1930s the building was used by various public organizations before it was transferred to the Russian Orthodox Church again in May 1995.
There is also a museum of folk musical instruments on the territory of the park of 28 Panfilov Guards. The Museum of Folk Musical Instruments is located in the eastern part of the 28 Panfilov Park and was opened in 1980. On the other hand, the building in which it is located was built back in 1908. It houses more than a thousand exhibits and more than 60 different varieties of Kazakh folk musical instruments used by famous Kazakh composers and singers.
The monument to Soviet Major General Ivan Panfilov was erected on the north side of the park in 1968. The two-meter bust was cast in bronze.
On the 30th anniversary of the Victory over the German Empire on May 8, 1975, a memorial complex was opened on the east side of the park. It consists of a flame, "Eternal Flame", and a still image of Panfilov's soldiers.
The third monument in the park was dedicated to Tokash Bokin, a supporter of the establishment of Soviet power. It was installed in 1980. The monument is five feet tall and made of gray granite.
Park 28-Panfilov Guards